Thursday, August 24, 2006

Thats my financial future sorted then

I was so pleased to get home tonight and find a statement from one of my pension providers.

Its not my main pension provider, its one that holds some contributions that I made in the land that time forgot when I was first employed as a young whipper-snapper at an electrical contractors - the company had its own fund and for ten years they took a few pence a week off me to "invest for your future young man".

When I left they transferred it to the Friends Provident pension fund so that "it will continue to grow as an investment for your future" with lots of leaflets of old couples enjoying round the world cruises on the back of their Friends Provident payouts.

My statement confidently predicts that they will, unreservedly, without prejudice, and with all bonuses and goodwill added, pay me the impressive sum of £55.12 per annum when I reach retirement age.

I can hardly wait.

Theres another thing to add to my list of "lifes fekkin pointless activities" - pension plans.

No comments: