Thursday, February 16, 2006

A result - sort of

Oh yes, nearly forgot, last week I wrote this stuff about one of my employees and his unfortunate littering fine.

Well yesterday I took a phone call from the Enforcement Officer at Leeds City Council.

You see I'd written to him to say that I wasn't sure who had been driving the vehicle in question that day but that it may have been "xxx xxxxxxxx" - well I'm not going to pay the fekkin fine am I ? But I also asked if he (the Enforcer) would issue a littering ticket to one of his own employees, the binman who left a newspaper scattered all the way up our street two weeks ago when they emptied my neighbours dustbin.

I didn't really expect to get a reply, it was more of a piss-take, but the Enforcer rang me in person to thank me for dobbing in my employee and assure me that he was dealing with my information regarding the binmen and that I may soon be receiving a call from the head of the binmen (who happens to be a lady) by way of an apology.

Of course I had to get all indignant then, no use telling him that I was just taking the piss, and I bristled just long enough on the phone to convince him that the newspapers really had been a risk to life and limb and someone really should swing for it.

PS : Why was I suprised that the binmens boss is a lady ? Its a perfect job for a lady.

No comments: