Friday, March 31, 2006

Breaking News - the frogs have cum

Spring is sprung, right on time with the arival of british summer time last weekend, the frogs have germinated all over my pond, a tad earlier than last year too, this is indeed evidence of global warming and I'll be on the phone this weekend to the BBC's Bill Oddie to complain and see if he wants to buy any of my frogspawn.

The pond is quite big, it was here when we bought the house and i've since relined it and made it bigger, and added a UV and bio-something filter to it so that the fish don't have to learn how to breathe air instead of water - it works and for the last two years I've kept the same herd of Orfe and fancy tailed goldfish, they are hiding in the bottom of the pond right now and will hopefully appear in about a month or so but the pond also contains a crop of frogs who do thar funky stuff all over the surface every spring, thousands of tadpoles will hatch out in about two weeks time and most of them get eaten by birds and their parent frogs until one or two every year grow into proper big frogs, its a hard life being a frog and I'll be reporting on here over the next few weeks on their progress - I'm a regular Richard Attenborough me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Blogger, I found your blog quite informative.
I just came across your blog and wanted to
drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with it.
I give you my best wishes for your future endeavors.
If you have a moment, please visit my a map of western europe site.
Have a great week!