Thursday, March 30, 2006

Royal Mail fekkwittery

Yesterday we ordered some handsfree kits via the internet, the order was processed within the hour and we received an email to say that they had been dispatched via Royal Mail and that we could check the progress of the order online with the Royal Mail, excellent service.

So this morning, just for fun, I decided to track the progress of the order with Royal Mail, went online, entered the consignment number, hit the "track this order" button.

The answer came back within milliseconds, "Consignments that require proof of delivery cannot be tracked online until after they have been delivered". I didnt read it properly the first time so entered all the details again and got the same response, this time I read it properly.

I can't use the tracking system to track a parcel until after the parcel has been delivered and signed for, when its been delivered to me, and signed for by me, then I can use the online tracking system to see when it will be delivered, presumably it will then tell me that I've recieved it and signed for it, it sounds like a wonderful service for those with dementia but a fucking waste of internet space for anyone else.

While staring at the screen there was a knock at the door and there stood our local postman with the parcel in his hand, I showed him the online answer to my tracking query, he just shook his head and walked away, I think he could probably tell me many more stories of complete fekkwittery at the Royal Mail.

No comments: