Tuesday, March 21, 2006

A strange visitor called today...

Wow, he was scary.

The man who has just been to repair our credit card machine-thingy, I didn't even know it was broken but Suzanne reported it yesterday because the PIN input pad was recording an error message, big deal, we only take telephone transactions so we don't use the PIN number thingy.

Anyway, I'm sat in the office ten minutes ago and theres a knock at the door, I open it and there is the strangest looking man I've ever seen standing there, he introduces himself and I just continue to stare at him.

I've only just realised since he left who he reminded me of - remember Pink Floyds video for their chart single "Another brick in the wall", remember the teacher who danced around on puppet strings ? This bloke was just like the teacher.

He was so flippin (I'm not using swear words today, got told off after my blog yesterday, got told I was "foul mouthed"), so flippin tall that I could hardly see his face and he had to bend almost double to get through the door. despite being at least 8 foot tall he could only have weighed about 6 stone, he was the tallest yet skinniest person I have ever seen.

And he was white, when I say he was white I don't mean he had pink skin, I mean he had white skin, bleached white skin, and he had white hair to match, no wonder I could hardly see his face as it was all sort of blended in somewhere up there.

His arms were incredibly long and hung forward, but never relaxed, which is why he reminded me of the puppet teacher from the Pink Floyd video, he looked as if he had strings attached to holes in his hands and someone was pulling them slightly. His fingers were at least ten inches long - each although he only ever used one of them to tap out on the credit card terminal keyboard.

He crouched in the corner of the room, head bowed beneath the ceiling, playing about with the terminal and I just sat down and stared, he was speaking but it was flowing way over the top of my head and it took several rebounds off the walls before the sound came down to ear level.

What a weird experience, he said something and I signed his sheet and he's gone now and I'm left with a headache and wondering if there were drugs of some description in that biscuit I had with my coffee an hour ago.


*******************************************************************************************


Oh yes, one more thing - Amanda failed her driving test today - awwwwww

And she is so pissed off.

She is so competitive and was convinced that she would pass today but cutting in front of a truck on a roundabout is not the sort of thing to go unnoticed on a driving test and she is soooooo upset because we practiced and practiced her multi-lane roundabout technique on Lawnswood roundabout last night in the rush hour, five times we approached it and five times the night before until i was sure she understood what the different lanes were for.

I've been called home now to take her out driving again tonight, more roundabout drills and another £45 for a test rebook - I remember (just) what it was like to be 17 and desperate to get out on your own in a car.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How can this credit get so far out. I have dropped atleast 40 points during the purchase of my new house all based on travel reward credit card any one have any ideas to how this works?