Saturday, June 24, 2006

It all starts here...

Have put an offer in on the house that Jodie liked, our house goes up for sale today.

And now the clear-out starts

This house is full of accumulated stuff from at least 15 years ago, the loft is jam packed full of stuff that we haven't looked at since we moved here five years ago - all of that will go for a start, I think eBay will be getting a big hammering in the next couple of months.

I'm also in mind to plan this removal with some sort of move-house-by-stealth strategy.

One of my customers rents out storage space in a huge warehouse so I'm considering taking one of his units and moving the stuff that we are keeping in there over a period of time rather than have an almighty rush on moving day to get everything out of the house for noon and in the new house by sundown - our last move was absolute chaos and there must be an easier way to do it.

Tim the removal guy, who I sat in front of at school 40 years ago has moved us three times now and each time when I ring him he asks the same question "Have you still got those fekkin pine wardrobes ?", well I'm sorry Tim, but yes, we still have those fekking huge git big pine wardrobes, the ones that are actually bigger inside than the room they are standing in, in a "Lion, Witch and the Wardrobe" sort of stylee.

He'll probably say he's not available when I ring him, even before I've told him what moving day we have in mind.

In the meantime we continue to look for a house to hold in reserve just in case they don't accept our pitifully low offer on the first choice and of course we need to sell this one, its a long drawn out process is buying and selling houses, most of it sitting and waiting, still, we've done it seven times now so should be used to it.

No comments: