Sunday, May 14, 2006

Jerry Chicken - The Vegas Days

At 50 years of age (nearly, in september to be accurate) I decided some time ago that it was time to get something of my life down on paper, not that I've had a particularly exciting or variable life, but still, my teenage years were spent living through the most exciting decade (or 15 years) of popular music and its associated cultures and so that much at least is worth writing about.

And so the Jerry Chicken project started at JerryChicken.co.uk and the latest chapter is The Vegas Days, its not actually on the web sites menu yet but that link will take you to the as yet unedited page, its what I've spent the last few days working on rather than blogging, decide for yourself whether it was worth it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not even 50 yet? sheeeesh, just another punk kid *L*

I agree that we lived thru an exciting time in music. I am not sure why it was such a creative time, but it was. Then we hit the 20 something year "DEAD ZONE" of formulaic garbage starting with (GRRRRR) Disco. I think we are now seeing some great new talent emerging on the scene and its finding a ready audience

Gary said...

1978 is where it all started to go wrong, I blame Travolta and the fact that I can't dance to save my life :)

The 80's and 90's were complete write-offs for creativity and saw the record companies grown increasingly only interested in sales rather than quality and inovation - but I agree, in the past three or four years I've grown interested in "popular" music again via my daughters music selections.

However they will never match the period 1965 to 1975.