Tuesday, January 17, 2006

An ordinary day

I wrote to my finance company with the novel way of rasing money, couldn't be bothered ringing to speak to the corporate frustrated old bag who would field every smart alec remark with a straight bat, so I wrote to them and invited them to view their recent correspondance with great hilarity like I had done and suggested that unless they want to admit that the loony-tunes have taken over their particular bit of the asylum then they could simply drop me a line to confirm that their £25 "lets write a letter for no particular reason" charge would be removed - I await their reply with baited breath, if I get a corporate cow letter in return I shall reply, taking the piss this time.

What a very ordinary day this has been.

Sat in the office all day supposedly updating our support web site with password control so that only those clients who have renewed their support can get on it, but just couldn't be arsed reading through all the guff that explained how to set the password control up.

Took a phone call from a customer that had rung on Monday with a comms problem with some equipment after he'd replaced a server, I suggested several times on Monday that he check the bit of equipment that wouldn't work as it sounded like he'd changed some settings, probably IP address or subnet, he insisted not, I suggested it would be good to check, he said not, I suggested that he check just for a laugh, he said not, I said go on, just for me.....you are getting the drift of this story now aren't you ?

Just to get rid of him I said I'd check out the error logs and ring him back, then forgot about him as soon as I put the phone down.

He rang back today to ask if I'd got anywhere, I asked of he'd checked the settings, he said not, I suggested it would be good to do so, he said not, jesus we started that same conversation again, I said I'd ring our software people and get straight back to him, I put the phone down and emailed them instead then forgot about him again.

I got an email back from our software people, they said check the settings if he's moved stuff etc etc etc, I forgot about him again.

Then he rang back all excited but I butted in and told him I had an answer, check the settings etc etc etc, yes, he said, I just did and they were wrong for our new server, I've changed them and it works now.

Well hey-ho I thought, its a fekkin miracle.



No comments: