Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Finished.


Finished work that is, for 18 days, 14 of which are going to be spent once again on the island of Menorca, laidbacksville-on-sea, the place where you can drive your hire car at 15mph on the one major road ont he island and no one minds even though you have a tailback of beer delivery trucks snaking all the way back to the airport behind you.

Well, I've nearly finished anyway.

Tomorrow theres two hours of clearing up in the office, doing the banking and leaving last minute instructions to the two fools that are my brother and my engineer, they are responsible for the whole operation now for the month of august and they will probably make a complete arse of things.

But I don't care.

I'm on holiday.

Tomorrow I sign for the new car, I go to the library for some reading matter, I have batteries to buy for the minidisc player that is making the trip in preference to the MP3 player, and I have a bag to pack. At some point in the day beer may be consumed, money needs to be stuffed into envelopes and labelled so that my brother can take Jake to the kennels on saturday and pay for him and so that Amanda has money at the airport to get herself out to Menorca on Saturday.

But still, apart form all that I am on holiday now, I have dined alfresco tonight on pasta and beer and I'm in the holiday mood now, everyone can go and take a flying fook, I'm officially relaxed now.

My normal persona is relaxed but my holiday persona reaches new heights of relaxed-ness that are thoght impossible by scientists, you could not unrelax me on holiday if you used guided bombs or those fierce flying monkeys that are in The Wizard of Oz.

Oh yes, tomorrow I must also pack some painting gear, its going to be watercolours that go on holiday with me this year, the pastels weren't such a success the last time, watercolours are much easier to handle and this time I have my nice new white panama hat to wear so I will look like a proper artist, or a proper prat, the photos will help you decide later.

I will probably post tomorrow but if I'm too laid back to do so then toodle-ooh until the 12th August.

I'm gone.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy crap.... enjoy it.

Anonymous said...

Happy jollidays. :-))

Gary said...

Leaving in an hour - lost all the PIN numbers to my credit cards a short while ago but have found them again :)

Don't you just love holiday departure day :/

Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! keyword prozac suicide boards shop baikalguide honda engine 2004 porsche cayenne Low cost internet service provider 20 dream online order pharmaceutical protonix wedding dresses peanuts gang license plate frames metlife