Tuesday, July 11, 2006

I can't beat that price...

I had to hire a car yesterday for my employee who's car stopped living on the M62 last Friday.

A quick t'interweb search brought up Stelio's EasyCar as a nice cheap option, we could get a Ford Ka for £117 a week, that would do nicely thank you Stelios, after all, I don't have to drive the bloody thing.

Compared the price with a few others and it remained the cheapest until I tried Alamo car hire, only because they have a branch close by us, they had a Corsa type car for £117 too, so I rang them.

Told the bloke on the phone that I'd seen the price on t'interweb and he paused, then in a small voice mentioned that he couldn't usually match the t'interweb prices.

No I said, it was your company's t'interweb price, £117 for a week, Vauxhall Corsa.

Mmmm, said he, not sure if I can do that he said, but he agreed to try. Came back within seconds and confirmed that he couldn't match or beat the t'interweb price and at this point I was getting very confused, said t'interweb price supposed to be his company or what ?

Then he tells me he can do a Corsa for £113 plus vat.

Then a few seconds later he tells me he can do a Corsa for £113 including vat.

I'm very confused now, but I accepted before he got unconfused and changed his mind.

When we got to his place to pick it up it had grown up into a Vauxhall Astra as he didn't have a Corsa.

I just signed for it and hope it doesn't turn into a pumpkin at midnight.

No comments: