Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Its not supposed to hurt is it ?

I've been to the cheap council gym for the last two evenings, they gave me free passes see, if I go tomorrow it'll cost me £4 a session or £25 for the month.

I hurt like buggery.

My arms hurt like buggary, twice.

I think I've got a trapped nerve in my right shoulder, have had it for a while, its because I lay on it in bed, I think, anyway it hurts like buggary and I thought going to the gym might help - it doesn't, it just makes it hurt like buggary even more.

Its not supposed to hurt is it ?

I came in the house tonight and took an ibuprofen then sprayed my shoulder with Deep Heat so now I stink like a chemical works but the pain in the shoulder has gone away a bit - for now.

Tomorrow I will stop the weights stuff and just do the aerobic thingys, cycling, cross trainer, treadmill, rowing that sort of stuff.

Or at least I'll try to do the aerobic stuff.

I have a chest strap for a polar heart monitor as the equipment picks up and displays the signal from these, saves you having to wear the polar wristwatch thing like the poseurs do.

Anyway the cross trainer has a programme for weight loss so I made the setting on it for age,weight etc and set off - after a few minutes it told me to slow down because my heart rate was too high - the poor love was worried about me topping 150bpm but it made for a very boring workout, I couldn't even break into a sweat so I stopped and told it I was a 20 year old so that it would let me go faster, it wasn't having it though, the display called me a lying bas'tad and told me to get off.

I went from there to the rowing machine and set off rowing quite well but after 30 seconds or so felt a stabbing pain in my left thigh, right on the thigh bone / hip bone joint every time I got to the bit where you're scrunched up at the start of the stroke, it got so bad that I had to stop without completing the rower workout.

The pain went as soon as I stood up - realised much later that it was my plastic temporary membership card in my shorts pocket sticking in my thigh at the start of each stroke, what a bummer.

No comments: