Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Don't wave at us from motorway bridges

Another thing that crossed my mind yesterday during my little jaunt over the border in Lancashire - those kids who stand on motorway bridges and wave at you as you drive past hoping to get a wave back from you ?

Well I passed a bus yesterday with the signage "British Limbless Ex-Servicemen Association" emblazoned all down the side.

My first reaction was what a strange thing to start up an association for and why do they need a 52 seater bus in Nelson, is there a proliferation of limbless ex-servicemen in this small town or are the Royal Nelson Fusiliers simply a lot more careless than the rest of the British army, and how appropriate that the bus should be based in a town called Nelson.

My second and more evil thought was that those kids who wave at vehicles off motorway bridges needn't bother waving at this one.

Thats awful isn't it, but I laughed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gary, your evil......but I like ya ;o)