Thursday, April 27, 2006

I don't want the money anyhow...

Bank Holiday weekend is closing in fast, and I have a problem.

Erm, two problems actually, one big problem and one thats not really a problem at all, let me explain.

Problem #1 is that the news from Newcastle is not good. Suzannes mum, after doing so well over the Easter weekend and being released from hospital last Friday, took a turn for the worse this morning and is back on a high dependancy unit in the hospital, and its not looking good this time, Suzannes with her and isn't sure when she's coming back home now (she was due home tomorrow), the staff in the hospital are hinting that her mum might not leave hospital this time.

Anyway, at least we don't have to clean the house tonight.

Thats not very funny is it.

Problem #2 is not really a problem at all, its just that I don't want to do it. Our biggest customer needs a job completing this weekend, the bank holiday weekend, and because its their fault they are throwing shitloads of money at us to work on saturday, I've got one person who jumped at the chance to earn some big bucks for just a few hours (hopefully) work but I'm the other one who'll have to be there, and to be honest I couldn't care less about the money, I won't see the money anyway it all just goes into the business account and then the taxman takes it off us, but even so, I'm not bothered, I'd rather be at home.

But I'll go, it'll be a 5am start on a holiday weekend and if I'm lucky I'll be finished by 12 noon and back home some time mid-afternoon and £500 will find its way into the Inland Revenue account instead of my back pocket, life is so fucked up at the moment.



No comments: