Monday, April 17, 2006

Uncle Earnie says Hi...

Living 2 channel is showing a lot of the John Edwards "Crossing Over" stuff and the English equivalent Colin Fry's "Sixth Sense" where psychics, or should I say "cynics" speak to the dead friends and family of people in a random TV audience.

I don't kow what to make of these sort of programmes, people in the audiences seem to get a lot of comfort from a "reading" and if I thought that I could talk to my dead relatives (especially my dad) then I'd run along to a TV studio near me and join the queue - mind, I'd know if it was my dad or not because the first thing he'd say would be "How much was that then".

This article offers an explanation of sorts, it clever talking, suggestive speech, its seeking confirmations from people who want to confirm and be a part of the conversation, and heres me thinking it was dead people talking to John and Colin.

It does answer one question for me though - its always puzzled me why only close relatives "come through" to the people in the audience, why is it only siblings and parents and not great-grandparents and certainly not distant relatives from three or four generations ago, "hello, I've got a pirate here, he says you're related to him and he wants to tell you about the treasure map ..."

And how do the mediums conduct their normal life ?

If they can walk into a TV studio and suddenly within seconds be speaking to dead people related to random folk, then how the hell do they go on afterwards when they're stood at the bus stop waiting to go home ? When they get on the bus and the driver asks them for their fare do they sudenly start talking to the drivers dead mother ? How could you live your life like that ?

I once even went so far as to agree to go to a public meeting where a psychic "did a John Edwards", he is well known and sells out all of his meetings, he sold out the one I was supposed to go to which was a shame as I wanted my dad to "come through" and ask me how much the tickets had been to see the show.

No comments: