Monday, April 03, 2006

SatNav - what would I do without it ?

Had to go to a small Lancashire town called Nelson today on a callout to a Morrisons supermarket.

Got to Nelson with no electronic assistance and I thought I'd be able to find the supermarket with no electronic assistance as well, but after driving around for a bit decided to summon up the genie with the womans voice that lives in the dashboard to give me directions and save a bit of time.

Typed the address in while I was moving slowly throught the town centre, confirmed that I wanted to find the quickest route, confirmed the street number, pressed ENTER and the genie with the womans voice who lives in the dashboard proclaimed proudly "You have arrived at your destination".

Looked out of the car windscreen for the first time in five minutes and sure enough I had arrived at my destination - there was the supermarket not ten yards in front of me.

I just don't know what I'd do without SatNav.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ROFL!

Excellent :)