Monday, April 17, 2006

Good News 1 and 2


Last Thursday I mentioned in a post that I might not be stuffing stuff on the blog over the weekend as there was some bad stuff going on in the family - well its worked out just fine and dandy (fingers crossed)

Thursday morning we got a call from Suzannes sister in Newcastle to tell us that their mother had been rushed to hospital as an emergency case after a heart attack, probably exacerbated by a chest infection that she's had for a while, certainly not helped by the fact that she has smoked all of her life and not assisted in any way by the fact that she's diabetic and her blood was all to hell, to quote her sister everyone thought we'd be arranging a funeral this week, it didn't look good at all and we were all set for a dash up the motorway on Thursday.

The only problem was that she was in an intensive care unit and Suzanne currently has the mother of all colds, they spoke to the nurses at North Shields and were told that they didn't really want her inside an intensive care unit with her germs, so we stayed in Leeds while two of her brothers flew up from London to be with their mother.

And today, and with the fantastic care and treatment from our National Health Service, which everyone loves to criticise but which we never appreciate properly until we need it, she is sitting up in a chair getting ready to go home. She is still in a high dependency unit but only because they haven't got a spare bed on a normal ward for her, but the doctors are now talking of discharging her in a few days and that her lifestyle shouldn't be affected by her heart attack which was minor in the grand scheme of things, we'll be up there to visit in a few days when Suzannes cold has gone completely.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good news Mk2 ... I've sold a painting :)

Last week I signed up for an online gallery, this one, for a seven day free trial, and four days later they've sold one of my paintings (that one at the top), and better still, I got another email today from someone else who wanted to buy it and has commissioned a similar one - I guess I'll be signing up for the full subscription now.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

First, I'm glad that Suzanne's mother is making such a quick recovery! That's good news...

Second - I LOVE the painting! LOVE IT!

Did I mention I LOVE the painting?

Gary said...

Thank you !

The painting has gone now :(

It was one of those that just "happened", was sat there splashing paint around and it just appeared on the paper in front of me - honest, it happens like that sometimes.

I'm trying to do some more in the same genre but am struggling a bit :(

The online gallery that represents me now (how good is it to say that !) is at http://www.minigallery.co.uk/Gary_Kitchen/

Anonymous said...

I peeked at your gallery (which I'm sure is so very cool for you! Congrats!!!!) and I really like your art. A lot! The dogs, of course, are my favorite but only because they are dogs. It was all really fantastic...