Tuesday, April 18, 2006

I think we have a problem, with the lawn, Houston

While visiting Costco today I made a remarkable discovery.

NASA has planted a nice garden feature on the moon - apparently.

It said so on a box which contained 20 metres of plastic lawn edging, that stuff that you drive into the ground around the edge of your lawn to make it look, well, nicely edged. The box said that the design of the stuff used "space age technology".

Well I never.

And there are those who have criticised NASA in the past for wasting American taxpayer dollars on 40 years of pointless space exploration, just think though, without that research into lawn edging as part of the Apollo moon missions we'd all have scruffy lawn edges, like mine in fact, I didn't buy into the space age lawn edging argument, I bought a tray of 20 pain au chocolate instead.

No comments: