Thursday, April 12, 2007

I don't know why I like this song...part two



Just heard Eleanor Rigby on the DAB radio whilst washing the dishes upon command from She (I'm too good for her) and it struck me as another of those "I don't know why I like this but I do" songs.

Except that I do know why I like this song
Its 'cos its bloody good thats why.

I was 10 years old when this song was released as a single and it was unlike any other Beatles tune we'd heard up to that point, it was the Beatles getting serious for a minute instead of shaking their heads to the screaming crowd and singing "yeah, yeah, yeah", I loved it and it became the anthem to our holiday at Cayton Bay that year.

And on the same radio station tonight came the news that The Beatles, ok Paul and Ringo, have finally agreed a deal to release their back catalogue to purchase on t'interweb which immediately brings visions of Eleanor Rigby spending time in the singles charts again - The Beatles back catalogue is the only thing I'd pay for on the likes of iTunes and Napster but thats just a sign of my vintage - a fine vintage if I may say so myself.

Oh yes, the video ?
The crap and terribly dated cartoon film "Yellow Submarine" but you knew that anyway.

No comments: