Saturday, August 04, 2007

Music what I like...




What a great clip of documentary covering Stevie Wonders most influential and productive period, 1971-76, and how freaky are the two producers who worked with him ?

I've sat at my table painting this past three nights listening to a large back catalogue of Stevie Wonder that is on Napster and its as fresh today as it was when we all first heard it back in the 70's, wonderful, uplifting, angry, loving, beautiful, funky, spiritual, raw, music that doesn't take more than a few minutes to be inside you and you're rocking from side to side in a Stevie Wonder stylee without even knowing it.

Between Ned and me we have in our old album collection the four ultimate Stevie Wonder productions, Talking Book, Innervisions, Fulfillingness' First Finale, and the ultimate Wonder album, Songs In The Key of Life an album that I covet and which is the one that I'd take on the fictional desert island with me if I could only take the one, the fact that its a double album would bend the rules slightly so thats good too.

No comments: