Monday, August 06, 2007

Nicholas Nickleby...

A quick tip...

Click this for an absolutely free talking book in MP3 format of Dickens' Nicholas Nickleby, well the first of four downloads at least, but they'll email you when the next three are available - I've had a listen to the start of it today and its mighty fine as only Dickens can be, ideal for a long car journey such as the one I have in mind for Wednesday.

Shame that at over a hundred meg when uncompressed its too big for a WMA audio cd so it won't play in my car, however I have a fiendish plan to split it so that it will.

Two hours worth of a quarter of Nicholas Nickleby - for free - sign up and grab it while you can.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is possible to capture the bbc listen again feeds onto mp3 or WAV file using various software. At least it is on the mac so I'm guessing it is on the pc too.

I have a load of Sherlock Holmes episodes which are fantastic.

Gary said...

Thats a good point, I'd forgotten about that, if only they had that technology in cars...

Anonymous said...

That's the main purpose of my iPod and FM transmitter thingy you plug into it so you can pick up your ipod (or other mp3 player) on your car stereo.

My car CD player can play mp3s as well though and it's only a box standard one that came in my VW polo. You sure yours won't work?

Gary said...

I've tried the MP3 track on a cd this morning, it runs as though it is working but no sound comes out of it - I'm changing the car shortly though and all of the new models seem to play MP3's so I'm not going to arse about with this one.