Tuesday, May 08, 2007

I have this sneaky urge to agree with him

I don't have to go to court today, bugger, I put a clean shirt and a tie on as well - but I do have to go tomorrow, I'll try not to get this shirt dirty today then.

In the meantime British eccentric astronomer Patrick Moore (pictured) has been speaking his mind regarding British TV output, right here.

And despite his comments being slightly offside with regard to sexist correctness, I sort of, sneakily, and with a lop-sided grin and a chortle, I agree with him - TV is ruined when women run the channels.

Patrick Moore of course has an agenda, his star-gazing astronomy programme "Sky at Night" has been running on TV since the day after Marconi invented the host product and its hardly ever been shown at a reasonable hour let alone a peak time hour, the last episode was shown at 2am (not that I watch it you understand).

I've got an agenda too, my agenda is that I can't get near our frikkin TV set before 9pm each night through the week because the three females in the house are addicted to a diet of Emmerdale, Corrie Street and Eastenders, which to the uninitiated non-UK residents is a non-nutritional brain diet of shite soaps.

Even at 9pm as the "bongs" of Eastenders have finally died there is still usually a female-centric shite-documentary involving kids misbehaving or idiots on diets or a minor celebrity trapped in a jungle somewhere - all stuff that you watch in a trance and then realise its 10pm and you can't remember anything you've done that night.

The more I think about it the more I agree with Moore.


PS - one last gag line from an excellent programme that I managed to sneak under the females radar last night involving a modern reproduction of a music hall bill - an old act reminiscing about another old act - "ah yes, Durango and his Flaming Hoop of Fire, I can still remember his last words, what were they now, "Put me out"" - see, the females wouldn't understand that, I nearly wet myself laughing.


PPS - another last gag line from a ventriloquist act on that bill who was singing the famous duet "Anything you can do" with his doll...

Vent : "Anything you can do I can do better, I can do anything better than you"
Doll : "No you can't"
Vent : "Yes I can"
Doll : "No you can't"
Vent : "Yes I can"
Doll : "No you can't, no you can't, no you can't"
Vent : "If I'd known you were going to be this argumentative I wouldn't have got you out of the bloody bag"


See ?
Non-female TV, how much better would that be ?

No comments: